World number one female tennis player Ashleigh Barty has pulled out of the US Open because she does not want to risk traveling amid the Corona virus epidemic. 24-year-old Australian Barty is by far the most high-profile player to pull out of the Grand Slam tournament in New York from 31 August to 13 September due to the global health crisis.
“My team and I have decided that we will not travel for the Western and Southern Open and the American Open this year,” Ashleigh Barty said in an emailed statement to the Associated Press on Thursday.
He said, “I like both these competitions, so it was a tough decision, but due to Kovid-19 there is still a lot of risk and I am not comfortable about putting my team and myself in this position.” Barty Has not decided yet whether she will defend the French Open title she won last year.
Let us know that the number of people affected by the global pandemic Corona virus (Kovid-19) has reached 1.70 crore, while more than 6.65 lakh people have died due to this so far. In the issue of Kovid-19 infected, America is first in the world, Brazil is second and Hindustan is third. At the same time, in the issue of deaths due to this epidemic, America is first, Brazil is second and Britain is in third place, while India is in sixth place in the number of deaths.
According to data released by John Hopkins University’s Center for Science and Engineering (CSSE), the number of corona infections worldwide has reached 16957763, while 665581 people have lost their lives due to the epidemic so far.
So far, 4424806 people have been infected with Corona in the US, which is considered a world superpower and 150683 people have died. So far 2552265 people have been affected in Brazil, while 90134 people have died.