Hyderabad: Kings XI Punjab captain KL Rahul batted brilliantly against Virat Kohli’s team Royal Challengers Bangalore on Thursday. All the players of RCB together could not score as many runs as they scored alone. Rahul returned unbeaten after facing 132 off 69 balls.
Rahul, 28, carried the ball of RCB’s Dale Steyn, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Yadav and Shivam Dubey to every corner of Dubai International Stadium. He hit 14 fours and seven sixes in his best innings.
Not only this, Rahul’s luck also supported him a lot. Virat missed his catches twice. After playing this innings, Rahul got many records. Let’s see what records he made –
1) Rahul played an unbeaten innings of 132 runs and surpassed the personal score of any Indian player in Rishabh Pant (128 not out).
2) In the history of IPL, Rahul is now the third player who has scored centuries both as a captain and not a captain. Virender Sehwag and David Warner have done this feat before them.
3) Rahul’s score of 132 is the highest score made by any captain in the IPL.
132 * – KL Rahul, 2020
126 – David Warner, 2017
119 – Virender Sehwag, 2011
113 – Virat Kohli, 2016
109 – Virat Kohli, 2016
108 * – Virat Kohli, 2016
4) Not only this, Rahul has become the fastest Indian player to complete 2000 runs (in 60 innings). He has broken Sachin Tendulkar’s eight year old record.
5) Rahul became the first player to score a century in IPL 2020.