The Bombay High Court on Thursday dismissed an appeal and interim application filed by Bollywood actor Sonu Sood against the BMC notice for alleged illegal construction done by him in his residential building in suburban Juhu. Justice Prithviraj Chavan said that the court is quashing the appeal and application. Sonu Sood issued notice to actor Sharad Pawar for illegal construction at his residence by BMC
Sood’s lawyer Amogh Singh sought 10 weeks’ time to comply with the notice issued by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), and requested the court to direct the civic body not to initiate the demolition action. The court, however, denied this and said that the actor had substantial opportunities in the past. Sood moved the High Court earlier this month, challenging an order of a city civil court dismissing his suit against the BMC’s notice over the alleged illegal construction done by him. Sonu Sood says that he feels that thanks to helping so many people in 2020 was a difficult year
The actor, in an interim application, sought an order from the High Court barring the BMC from taking any drastic action against his residential property in Juhu area. According to BMC, Sood had made structural changes to the six-story residential building ‘Shakti Sagar’ and converted it into a hotel without the required permission.
(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, the latest staff may not have modified or edited the content body)