YouTube has taken action against President Donald Trump and has stopped the uploading of the new video to its channel for at least seven days, citing violations of its policies and “concerns about continued potential for violence” is.
This is the latest action following the deadly riots against Trump last week by the US pro-Trump mob. Twitter and Facebook have also suspended or blocked the president’s accounts.
YouTube issued a “strike” to Trump’s channel, and said the comments would also be deactivated indefinitely. The company also said that it removed new material posted on Tuesday.
Trump has been convicted by Democrats and some Republicans – including No. 3 Republicans in the House, Rep. Liz Cheney – for inciting violence in the Capitol.
Cheney, R-Wyoming, said in a statement Tuesday, “The President of the United States called this mob, gathered the crowd, and lit the flame of this attack.”
“There has never been a greater betrayal by the President of the United States and her oath to the Constitution,” she said, adding that she supports him to impeach.