Dozens of dogs died after eating dry food from Sportmix

The Food and Drug Administration announced that more than two dozen dogs have died after eating Sportmix brand Dry Kibble.

The statement released on Monday said that the suspect is aflatoxin, a by-product of corn mold Aspergillus flavus, Which can kill pets at high levels.

The expanded recall includes a corn-based kibble at one of the Oklahoma factories built by Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.

Pet food brands listed under the label Sportmix, Pro Pac, Splash, Nunn and Sportstrail are affected by the recall, with the FDA stating that more than 70 unconfirmed deaths were reported in relation to pets eating these foods.

Pets poisoned with aflatoxin-tainted kibble can become lethargic, experience gastrointestinal issues, or develop jaundice, which causes the eyes or gums in the canine to turn yellow.

However, the FDA warned, some dogs may perform without any symptoms, as their leopards are damaged.

“Pet owners should stop feeding their pets the products listed below and consult their veterinarian, especially if the pet is showing signs of illness,” the FDA encouraged consumers who have safely purchased the products Bought to dispose and clean all food bowls.

“The pet owner must remove the food and ensure that no other animal has access to the recalled product.”

Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. began its recall on December 30 and expanded this week to include all corn-containing foods made in a specific factory, so now there are hundreds of dog and cat foods in the hundreds Are subject to a remembrance. Along with a complete list of products with related images of their packaging to be displayed on the company’s website.

The FDA said it is working with the governments of Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington on this investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *