Bomber was ‘lonely’ in Nashville Christmas explosion, IT consultant, sources say


Before he was identified as the suspect and according to Anthony Warner in Nashville, Tennessee, the only person killed in the explosion on Christmas morning, who was known to him, was a lonely person who recently joined as an information technology consultant Was retired.

Warner, 63, died when his recreational vehicle exploded in an explosion that struck downtown Nashville, injuring at least three people and damaging more than 40 businesses. According to officials, Warner was identified by the bomb, saying he matched DNA from the scene to Warner and an identification number found from the RV matched a vehicle registered to him.

Since 2001, Warner’s next-door neighbor Steve Schmold described Warner as a “loner” who he deemed an information technology expert working from home. Schmold said that Warner once told him that there were 14 security cameras around his house.

“He was a loner,” Schmoldt said. “I have never seen anyone go to her house. I have never seen anyone over her.”

But Warner was friendly to him and his wife, he said. They occasionally chatted while Warner was working in his yard or on his property.

Law enforcement officials investigated the home of 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner on Saturday in Nashville, Tenn., Suspected of a Christmas bombing.Terry Wyatt / Getty Images

“I never saw him in a dark mood,” Schmoldt said.

Warner had several dogs who “loved” him and “took really good care of him,” he said.

“I’ll be honest with you, the way he took care of his dogs, I realized he wouldn’t harm the flea. Even though some people think he was weird, to me he was completely harmless.” They said.

Investigators said Warner’s RV was parked outside the AT&T building on Christmas morning. This happened at 6:30 am local time as police officers were responding to reports of shelling in the area. In response, officers heard an imminent explosion warning coming from a speaker system in the RV. Officers also heard a vehicle broadcasting Petula Clarke’s song “Downtown”.

“The last few days, of course, I’ve been trying to think through my head why he would feel that he had to do this, but I didn’t know him to come to any sort of conclusion.” said. “I never thought he would do something like that, but the kind of world we’re living in right now, I think.”

Warner signed his property on Bakerstown Road in Antique a day before thanking a woman in Los Angeles for $ 0, property records from a shutdown deed show.

Before the explosion, he told a woman he had cancer, several senior law officials said on Sunday. It was not clear whether this was true, officials said, but Warner gave the woman her car. Authorities did not identify the woman. An FBI spokesperson said agents are investigating all aspects of the case.

Warner told Fridrich & Clark Realty this month where he worked as a contractor he was retiring, the company’s president and managing partner, Steve Friderick, said in a statement on Monday.

Fridrich stated that “a computer consultant named Tony Warner has worked as an independent contractor for the company for many years”.

“Tony Warner was never an employee of our company, but occasionally came to our office to service our computers,” he said in the statement.

Fridrich said Warner had advised the company this month that he was retiring and the company had not had contact with him since.

Anthony Quinn Warner in an untouched photo.Courtesy of FBI via AP

“Upon learning that Tony is a suspect in the bombing of 2nd Avenue on Christmas morning, Friderick and Clarke informed the authorities that they had provided IT services to our firm,” Friderick said. “Tony Warner we knew is a good person who never exhibited any behavior that was less than professional.”

According to a state arrest record released by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Warner received an arrest in January 1978 by the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department for possession of marijuana for resale. Other state records show that Warner was charged with felony in 1978 and sentenced to two years in prison.

The FBI on Monday lowered expectations that a motive would be determined as soon as they were able to determine the identity of the apparent bomb attacker.

An image taken from surveillance video shows a recreational vehicle that was involved in an explosion on Friday in Nashville, Tenn.Metro Nashville PD via AP

The US Attorney’s Office and the FBI previously said they were able to use Warner’s DNA, the bombing vehicle’s VIN and public’s suggestions to determine the bomber’s identity less than 48 hours after the explosion, which led to this AT and T service in the area was crippled.

The FBI said Monday that it would not be able to determine the motive.

The FBI said that several interviews were being conducted with Warner’s associates to try to develop a better picture of who he was and what his background was.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

It was trying to develop a comprehensive timeline and sequence of events in Warner’s life and to take the sequence of events in days and hours until the explosion.

FBI spokesman Jason Pack said: “We are at an early stage to determine a motive. The FBI and ATF agents are still gathering evidence from the scene and conducting several interviews, which our team needs to analyze. Will be required

“It’s a time-consuming process that can take several weeks,” Pack said.

Tom Winter and Donna Mendel has contributed.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here