Families of Kovid victims in Italy take government to court

Rome – Five hundred families of coronovirus victims are taking legal action against the regional and national governments of Italy, which they hold responsible for a series of lapses, mistakes and delays during the first wave of the Kovid-19 epidemic.

Families say that the national government and regional authorities in the hard-hit Lombardy region were not prepared for the crisis as the virus hit and did not take action that would lead to national lockdown and subsequent economic damage, as well as life. Could have prevented the loss.

Italy became one of the earliest satellites of the epidemic, with its health care system pushed to the breaking point. So far, around 70,000 people have died of coronavirus in Italy, the deadliest in Europe.

Members of Noi Denunceremo or We Will Denounce, the group will arrive in court in Bergamo, Italy on 13 July.Claudio Furlan / AP File

“These complaints are present on our Christmas, for those who should have done what they were supposed to do, who were not in Italy on December 25,” said Luca Fusco, president of the coronovirus advocacy group Nua Denanseremo. Or We Will Demons, which has initiated the lawsuit, said in a statement.

“With proper planning, as has been repeatedly requested by the European Union and WHO, we are sure there will be little,” Foxco said.

The trial named Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, Lombardi President Atilio Fontana and Health Minister Roberto Sprenza.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

Lawyers representing the committee are asking for monetary compensation of approximately $ 315,000 for each family of more than $ 120 million.

Representatives of Conte, Fontana and Spranza were not immediately available for comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *