Parents of slain DNC employee Seth Rich settle with Fox News

Fox News has reached the settlement with the parents of Seth Rich, a Democratic National Committee employee who alleged in a lawsuit that the cable news company took advantage of his son’s death in stories and commentary.

Both sides confirmed the agreement on Tuesday.

Rich was shot and killed in Washington DC in 2016 in what authorities described as a robbery robbery attempt. His parents, Joel and Mary Rich, objected to a Fox article and remarked that their son leaked DNC emails to WikiLeaks during the presidential campaign.

Internet theories that were Rich to be Rich were refuted by US intelligence reports.

The trial was dropped by a lower court, but was reinstated by last year’s Second US Circuit Court in Manhattan. The court said the family had emotionally alleged that he was involved in a campaign of emotional torture.

Rich’s parents said in a statement, Basti closed another chapter in efforts to mourn his son, who was 27 when he was killed.

“We are pleased with the settlement of this case and sincerely hope that the media will take real precautions in the future,” said Riechers of Omaha, Nebraska.

Neither side disclosed the financial terms of the deal.

“We are pleased with the resolution of the claims and hope that this will give Mr. and Mrs. Rich a small degree of peace and solitude,” Fox said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *