Eta intensified early Wednesday as it closed in Florida, becoming a rare Gulf Bay storm

As Eta was closing in on Florida’s west coast Wednesday morning, it intensified back to a Category 1 hurricane, according to a special morning update from the National Hurricane Center.

It made Eta as the sixth November hurricane on record in the Gulf of Mexico.

Fortunately, by 1 pm Advisor Etah was back for a tropical storm with a 70 mph wind. It was located 115 miles southeast of Tampa and was moving north-northeast at a speed of 10 mph. Coastal locations were already being impacted by heavy winds, preventing heavy winds and tropical tropics as the winds swirled.

A tornado watch was in effect until 5 pm for parts of Florida.

In addition, there were storm clocks and storm warnings for parts of Florida’s west coast, including Fort Myers and Tampa.

During Wednesday’s day, Eta’s center is projected to move closer to being off the southwest coast of Florida. It will hit the west-central coast of Florida on Wednesday night, and inland to the northern part of the Florida Peninsula on Thursday.

According to the latest forecast, a landslide is expected to occur somewhere between Tampa and Cedar Key around sunrise on Thursday as a strong tropical storm.

If Eta takes a sharp northeast turn during the day Wednesday, the likelihood of a landslide will increase on Wednesday night and move closer to Tampa.

Tropical storm conditions were likely to begin along the west coast of Florida on Wednesday afternoon, with storm conditions expected early Thursday for areas under hurricane clocks.

Storm surge is one of the major concerns. Onshore winds combined with the depth of the coastline off the west coast of Florida due to the shallow elevation of the continental shelf make that area very vulnerable to storm wave. Storm surges of up to 5 feet can be expected in some areas, including Tampa Bay.

Heavy rainfall is another concern. For Western Florida through Friday, an accumulation of 6 inches totaling 2 to 4 inches was possible with the maximum storm. For North and Southern Florida: An additional 1 to 2 inches, with a maximum maximum of 4 inches with varying maximum storms, was forecast.

Eta will cross the Florida Peninsula and is expected to move northeastern into the Western Atlantic by Thursday or early Friday.

And another system running in the Caribbean.

The National Hurricane Center has tagged an area in the Caribbean Sea as Invest-98L. There is a 20 percent chance of growth in two days and 80 percent in five days where a tropical depression may form later this week or weekend. Despite the development, the system is expected to receive heavy rainfall in the coming days with possible flooding in parts of the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Hispaniola.

If named, the next name on the list is Iota and will become the 30th named hurricane of the record-breaking 2020 Atlantic hurricane season.

It is following the subtropical storm theta that became the 29th hurricane of 2020, breaking the record for the longest in a single season. Theta remains in the mid-Atlantic and there is no threat to the land.

Another way to frame the relentless hurricane season is to note that a temperamental 97.8 percent of the coastal area Tropical storm / hurricane fears remain on the Gulf and East coasts this year. Eta filled the gap of an unchanged area of ​​the western Florida coast. Now, all that is there is one 100 miles of Florida Which remains untouched by tropical alerts this year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *